Occasionally, you may encounter content that has been created in a language other than the default language (often English). In order to correct this, you must first create the content in the Site's default language, then create a "Langauge version" based on the default language content.
Steps to resolve
The example below demonstrates these steps if the default language for a Site was English, and a piece of content only existed in a German translation.
- Create English content to correspond with the German translation
Title = I am a Berliner
Body = John F. Kennedy's quote from 1963, "Ich bin ein Berliner" heads our list of famous quotes from that year.
Announcement title = Notable Quotes from 1963, available now!
- Publish this item in English
- Re-edit this item in English
- "Create Language Version" for German,
- Change the language selector to German on the content item
- Place the German content in all of the input fields
- Publish the German Content
If you would like to have this content translated to English, copy the Body and Announcement title of the German content, then navigate back to the English version of the content by changing the language selector.
- Paste the German Body into the English Body and use "Auto Translate" to translate the content into English
- Review the translation for any errors (auto-translation is not always perfect)
- Publish the content